Feb 15, 2012

Teen.com's Interview with Sam Claflin on set of SWATH

Teen.com: So, you play a prince. Sexy. How’d you get yourself into the royal state of mind?
Sam Claflin: Well, I haven’t been in any throne rooms. I’ve been on horseback or in the woods. So, for me personally it’s kind of…it’s hard to explain without giving too much away… (my character is) trying to be somebody else. I’m trying not to be who my father wants me to be and try to be a better person, so there’s not necessarily too many princely duties I have to fulfill luckily.

Teen.com: You know princes are kinda huge now after the whole Royal Wedding thing…
Sam: Yeah. Funnily enough, on my trailer it says Prince William, so it’s kind of nice to start every morning waking up like, “Yes! I married Kate Middleton.”

Teen.com: Haha! Do you have a favorite fairytale prince?
Sam: That’s a good question. I suppose I used to always read “Jack and the Beanstalk.” I was always sort of obsessed with Jack. I think from my interpretation, the name Jack is a very cheeky guy. Like jack the lad, you don’t know the expression, but I always liked the thought that there was a cheeky guy who climbed up a beanstalk and did that sort of stuff.

Teen.com: Ok, let’s talk about Kristen Stewart. What’d you know about her before meeting her?
Sam: I knew of her. Everyone in the world does. But no. I knew of her and I’m a big fan of everything she’s involved with up until now. The first time I met her we kind of had a talk. We realized we have a lot of things in common. We like the same sort of music. We have a few friends in common. Yeah, small world. It’s such a small world.

More after the CUT!


Teen.com: Since Snow White is Disney…are you guys going to break out into song in the middle of the movie?
Sam: Ha. I can just imagine me on the back of my horse with a shield in one hand and a sword in the other. No, there’s a bit of music, not for me personally, but I don’t think it’s the sort of story that sort of asks for many songs, thankfully.

Teen.com: What kinda music are you into?
Sam: This big big musician who I love played at my birthday party, and I went to go and see him at another gig, and supporting him was Marcus Foster, so I went backstage and meeting Marcus, and he was telling me about this music video that he’s about to do that Kristen (Stewart) has just starred in. And then when I saw Kristen next I said, “I can’t believe you did that. You know him and he knows you, and he knows Rob (Pattinson).” It’s all this small world.

Teen.com: So jealous you hung out with Kristen and Rob! Let’s talk about the costumes. You’re rocking the leather pants today…
Sam: I know. I know. They’re very comfortable, very bizarrely. I sort of feel very at home, not that I own anything like this in my own wardrobe, but I wouldn’t mind.

Teen.com: What’s Kristen’s costume like? Very princessy?
Sam: She tends to sort of not be in any princess-like costumes, which is good for her and kind of gives her that badass sort of fighting spirit, I suppose, but she looks pretty damned awesome. Thumbs up.

Teen.com: Have you gotten any injuries on set?
Sam: No. I think I sort of tripped over a stair, which is my own fault. I can’t blame injury on that. But the other day I think Take 1 of riding a horse on to a certain scene, I fell off. I think the thought of me trying to get up again was quite difficult, so I was just laying there kind of going, “Oh-h-h.” But I remember Kristen just trying to winch me back up on to my feet, and I thought, “I’m not moving. I can’t move. I’m just going to stay here. I’m happier.”

Teen.com: Ha, sounds amazing. We heard you auditioned for the other Snow White movie. Why’d you want this one?
Sam: I think  Armie Hammer was always their number one choice. But I kind of saw more similarities in their prince and the part I played in Pirates, whereas (with this) I thought I wanted to pick up a sword and I wanted to do a bit of fighting and get a bit grittier, and hopefully sort of open a few more doors for me.

source | via swathmovie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment respectfully and don't include any links or phone numbers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...