Dec 2, 2011

New Rob Interview with B.Z. Berlin

Photobucket



The 4th segment of the 'Twilight' - Saga is opening in theaters. B.Z. has met Robert Pattinson before the Berlin premiere.
Is it just a PR-gag or are Kristen Stewart (21) and Robert Pattinson (25) a dream couple, even privately? At his Berlin visit for the premiere of 'Breaking Dawn', the 4th part of the 'Twilight'-vampire saga, Pattinson did not deny being with Kristen. Unfortunately she herself couldn't come herself, because she's currently shooting Snow White. Even if something, which the fans had waited long for, finally happens: The birth of their child. Privately however, Stewart and Pattinson are a long way from it, as he tells Markus Tschiedert in this interview.

Mr. Pattinson, you were in Berlin for the movie 'Water for Elephants' only in April. Doesn't the city get boring for you?

Not at all! I love Berlin and I've also been on holidays here a few times. The first time was when I was 18, which has been a while. I was especially impressed with the eastern part of the city because there were galleries everywhere and bands played for free. I don't know if it's still like that now, but you could do a lot with little money back then in Berlin.

Nowadays you probably won't be able to walk through the streets of "Berlin Mitte" and Prenzlauer Berg anymore without being recognized...

No, I haven't had that experience yet. If you know whereto, and I'm certainly not going to spill that now, people will let you be. Especially in the eastern part they're too cool to talk to me. [laughs]

Even if the final installment of the 'Twilight'-saga is going to open in theaters next year, you've already wrapped. How hard was the farewell to you?

My last day of shooting was with Kristen in the Caribbean on the beach and in the sea, which was very pleasant. It was my first time ever to be in the Caribbean, so I treasure this memory.

Are you happy as well that everything is coming to an end?

Yes, kind of, because it took very long to shoot these films and I never imagined it would be this hard in the beginning. I mean, I sat in the make-up trailer for at least 2 hours before every shoot, had to put in those contacts, that my eyes never got used, to every time. As soon as I put them in I was in a bad mood, especially when we were on set up to 15 hours, 6 days a week.

Aren't you afraid to be forever identified as a vampire?

I'm aware of the fact that 'Twilight" is nowhere near finished. Even if I shoot other films, people will see me as Edward. I accepted that. Nevertheless, I'm grateful. These movies have changed my life completely. I was already known for my little role in 'Harry Potter', it's nothing compared to Twilight though. I had to rearrange my whole life after the first movie because suddenly everything changed and people on the street recognized me and shouted my name.

What’s the craziest thing that has ever happened to you?

We were introduced at the Munich Olympiastadion for promo for the 2nd one and all of a sudden we stood in front of 20,000 fans that did nothing but scream. It felt like we were rock stars without even singing or playing something. We just stood on the stage and were screamed at. That was really bizarre.

In “Breaking Dawn” everything the fans have been waiting for finally happens: Bella and Edward finally have sex. How was it for you to shoot those scenes with your girlfriend?

Because all that stuff is already in the book the whole pressure really came from having to satisfy the reader’s expectations. Apart from that it was pretty easy for us, also because our director, Bill Condon, knew how to create a comfortable atmosphere on set.  He was under a lot more pressure than we were.

But being as intimate in front of the camera as you’re usually only privately must’ve been weird…

Of course, because Bella and Edward are virgins and because of that we had to create those especially intensive emotions. It means a lot to the fans, that the two of them finally get closer to each other and we were aware of that responsibility. We of course, had to pay attention to how much we could show. Especially in America the display of violence is okay but when it’s about sex everyone’s protesting and the movie gets a higher rating and that’s really hard for the studio.

The essential question is if you can already sleep together before marriage or if you should wait until you’re married. What’s your view on that?

I think that depends on how you grew up. I know people that wouldn’t do anything they regret later on. Everyone has to know for themselves. Sex is such a weird thing because it’s connected to so many emotions. It’s something really personal and that should be respected.

The most intense scene was of course the one where your child is born. Would you want to be a witness of that in real life as well?

If it’s my own child that’s born. With someone elses not so much.

Do you have plans of starting your own family soon?

Right now there’s no plan but I do hope that that’s going to happen someday.

Original interview in German here
Translated by RKBubbles & ShesBackInLA_x from Robsteners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment respectfully and don't include any links or phone numbers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...