Nov 24, 2011

Rob's Interview with Seventeen Latin America

imagebam.com 


  It’s a sunny day in California and we’re at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills. The reason? The Twilight stars will give us the scoop on Breaking Dawn. We’re in a suite inside the luxurious hotel, anxious to meet the cast, when all of a sudden Robert walks in. Tall at 6 ft, skin amazingly pale, dressed in a black faded t-shirt, mustard color pants, short, irregular hair. We made a huge effort to put our jaws back in place. Speaking with him can leave you with two feelings. One, he’s amazingly shy and doesn’t understand just how famous he is; and that he’s a 25 year old guy who seems like he’s lived through everything and nothing surprises him anymore. In any case, he’s extremely polite, well-mannered, a complete English Lord ready to win you over with one blink. He’s not a very talkative guy, but when it comes to pleasing his fans he has no problem signing autographs, taking pictures, even clicking the camera himself. 

What was the final day of filming like? 
The last scene we shot all together took place in Canada, and to be honest, I had a terrible time. I could not wait to get out of there. They were very cold nights, it was impossible to sleep, impossible to keep warm. But the final scene that I shot with Kristen was rather nice. We shot a love scene in Saint Thomas, so it wasn’t bad at all. It was a beautiful ending. It didn’t hit us until the next day that it was finally over.

Do you feel exhausted after Twilight? 
I don’t know. I mean, I have done other things outside of Twilight all these time. But Twilight has been a constant in my life, it’s all people talk to me about, all people want to know. I still have one more year of vampire talk. 

I’m sure you get tons of offers these days, but what are the characters that you are interested in? 
I think my character in Twilight is so unique and specific, that it’s hard to get offered the same type of character ever again. It would be crazy to think about making another vampire movie (laughs). 

Would you like to direct a movie? 
Yes, but I prefer being a writer, and to do that it has to become my first priority, but so far I have not had the time to focus on it. I just don’t have the time, but it’s definitely something that calls me. It’s something very fulfilling. 

Generally the writers are not the celebrities… 
It doesn’t matter. You get paid, which is veeeery important too (laughs). 

Bella and Edward become parents in this movie. Was that weird to play? And did it bring you back some childhood memories? 
Not really. It came natural to me. I was supposed to hold the baby for the very first time, and nobody knows how to hold a baby their first time. On set it’s easy; you just carry the baby, focus on playing the story and give life to your character. What I did find weird was to have the kid turn 11 all of a sudden. That was hard to get over. But I think that would be ideal for every parent because they get to skip the child’s most annoying ages (laughs). 

How were the scenes with the baby? 
They were rather weird because most of the times we acted with a real baby, and I think she was only 3 weeks old. Her mom was still on set, but she was always very calm, interested in helping us. Everyone on set was so careful around the baby, so that helped me ease up because I knew I had nothing to worry about. But ther ewer emoments when we had the baby covered in jelly and cream cheese. That was hilarious, we all laughed (laughs). 

Edward protects Bella fiercely, who do you protect in real life? 
I guess anyone who’s close to me. When people talk about someone you love, without knowing them, when they talk about your friends or relationships, that’s when I feel, you know… the need to jump out and do something. But sometimes there’s nothing you can do but take the high road. That’s healthier. But I’m fiercely protective when it comes to my family and friends. 

What’s the best thing that fame has given you?
I guess taking a route that I had never imagined for myself or thought I’d have. I’m living a life that I never dreamed of. It’s annoying that you get the same amount of haters as you get of fans. People have fun hating you, while others have fun supporting you. It’s weird.


See the scans at TwilightPoison | Via: RPLife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment respectfully and don't include any links or phone numbers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...